The George Coleman Scholarship
Sponsored by the New England Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (NEACRAO)
Each year, the New England Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers awards scholarships to three high school graduates who will be enrolling in a NEACRAO member institution for the fall semester of that year. Each high school graduate who is selected is awarded $2,000*. Each recipient of the scholarship is selected from candidates who are recommended by New England secondary school guidance professionals.
*Upon proof of enrollment at the NEACRAO member institution for the fall semester of that year.
In an effort to promote and reward academic excellence and the pursuit of a post-secondary degree, the New England Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers solicits from New England secondary school guidance professionals the names of and recommendations for 2018 high school graduates who will be enrolling in a NEACRAO member institution in the fall of 2018.
Applications for this scholarship shall be made available to any student who meets the criteria. The application may be printed from the link below
The Immediate Past President, Bryan Boppert (email@example.com), serves as the Chair of the George Coleman Scholarship Committee, which is composed of the five most recent Past Presidents of NEACRAO. Once the selection process is completed, the Chair will communicate the Committee’s decision to the recipients of the scholarships and to those guidance professionals who recommended them.
Guidance professionals should make recommendations for the one-time, first-year scholarship based on the following criteria:
1. The potential of the candidate to succeed in a post-secondary academic environment.
2. The high school academic record of the candidate. The applicant must have earned a high school grade point average of at least a 3.00 (based on a 4.0 system—or its otherwise equivalent).
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATIONS
Scholarship applications must be submitted by March 15, 2018. The NEACRAO Scholarship Committee will review all scholarship applications that are received to our scholarship email by March 15th. In the event that no applications are made for the scholarship in a given year, the award set aside for that year shall be distributed in the following year.
Our 2017 Scholarship Winners
- Elizabeth Niznik from Berwick Academy (South Berwick, ME). Liz will be attending the University of Maine at Farmington. She is interested in teaching English literature and social conflict resolution in her home state of Maine.
- Conor Joyce from Hartford High School (White River Junction, VT). Conor will be attending the University of Vermont. Conor is planning to study biomedical engineering and is interested in developing new medical technologies and equipment with a interest in reducing their high costs.
- Rachel McLaughlin from Coyle and Cassidy High School (Taunton, MA). Rachel will be attending Dartmouth College. Rachel plans to focus her studies on research in the fields of language acquisition, reading disabilities, and neuroscience.